POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Field rendering question : Re: Field rendering question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 May 2002 11:38:15
Message: <3cd40067@news.povray.org>
In article <3cd3ce88$1@news.povray.org> , "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:

>> I'm not to keen on the terms "odd" and "even" when refering
>> to fields as ...... I wish they would use "upper" or "lower"
>> field instead as this is unambiguous.
>
> I agree with this, too.

The terms "odd" and "even" are the correct technical terms which are used in
all technical literature and all (professional) software.  In fact I have
never seen "upper" or "lower" been used before anywhere, and they don't really
make sense either when dealing with something that is counted...

    Thorsten

A few references:

* Bt848/848A/849A Single-Chip Video Capture for PCI Data Sheet
  Brooktree Corporation

* AD724 RGB to NTSC/PAL Encoder Data Sheet
  Analog Devices, Inc.

* LM1881 Video Sync Separator Data Sheet
  National Semiconductor Corporation

* QuickTime 5 API Reference
  Apple Computer, Inc.

* Media Composer 1000 User Manual