POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Serenity : Re: Serenity Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Serenity
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 4 May 2002 00:37:29
Message: <3cd36589@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote in message <3cd2363a@news.povray.org>...
Mark Wagner wrote:
>>I'm running 1024x768x16 bit on an ATI All in
>
> That's the problem.  Almost everyone here is running at either 24bit or
> 32bit color.

I doubt it... I'm running at 1152x864x16 and I can't see any banding on
this image.

It could be that your newsreader does color dithering, but when I switch my
computer to 16 bit color, I get severe banding of the sky in the original
image.

--
Mark

The Universe is expanding.
The budget for its exploration is shrinking.