POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2udo:-) : Re: mesh2udo:-) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2udo:-)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 2 May 2002 05:43:55
Message: <3cd10a5b$1@news.povray.org>
> Gee!! This is a good piece of work, Thomas!
> I certainly think it is a useful utility, together with the Ambidex one.
> So.. please post it, yes!

Thanks!:-)

> One question though, as I am really stupid with Java ! How do you start
the
> ambidex2.class utility??? And your new one when it is finished?

First you need to have the Java 2 run time environment installed:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

Now I'm assuming your running windows.

Once you have that installed I recommended adding the /bin directory of java
to your path. This is so that you have access to java.exe from anywhere on
your system. Once you have that done all you have to do is type java
programname where programname is the name of the main class of the program
to run. For example for ambidex2 if you type:

java ambidex2

you will get a very short message telling you the syntax on how to use the
program. In this case its ambidex2 <inputfilename> <outputfilename>. Just
replace inputfilename with the name of your right handed povray file and
outputfilename with the name of the file you want as output. For example:

java ambidex2 Snowman.pov SnowmanLeft.pov

This would take the Snowman.pov file you have and create a Left handed
version called SnowmanLeft.pov. One thing you have to be very careful with
my program and that is it doesn't check to see if the file already exists,
if it does it will overwrite it.<mandatorylegalnote>I'm not responsible for
anything that happens when running my app</mandatorylegalnote>;-)