POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid : Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 29 Apr 2002 20:17:11
Message: <3ccde287@news.povray.org>
"Sir Charles W. Shults III" <aic### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
>     This is a wonderful animation, but a couple of things strike me right
away.

Wow, thanks :-)

>     First, the deformation of the cube is great- it shows that "damage"
can be
> inflicted in the POV environment, which can be used to create very
realistic
> animations.  Second, when the cube dissolves into its components, they
appear to
> be "sticky", as they slow down too quickly on the floor.  It might be far
more
> impressive if they rolled freely and went along like little marbles.

Yes that would be good, I agree. However, as far as the simulation is
concerned, each 'marble' component is actually a fluid particle rather than
a sphere.. they just appear that way due to my blob settings. Indeed, the
whole 'component construction' came about through me messing with the blob
settings... it was originally intended to be a solid mass of 'stuff'.
However, I'm sure that by adept manipulation of the various parameters, the
'marbles' would slide much further.

>     The lighting is great, the scene is eye catching, and overall I would
give
> you a 9 on this.

:-)

> Cheers!