POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Gorgontree 1080 KB : Re: Gorgontree 1080 KB Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gorgontree 1080 KB
From: JPGargoyle
Date: 29 Apr 2002 20:01:44
Message: <3ccddee8@news.povray.org>
"r.n.f vossen" <r.n### [at] kubantispamnl> wrote in message
> Thank you very much.

Thank YOU!

> See http://pi1799.kub.nl/mpg/
>
>            --> gargantree1.avi
>            --> gargantree2.avi
>            --> gargantree3.avi
>
> All 600 x 800 AVI format

Love them all, specially the gargantree2.avi, the part where the tree has
its branches closer to the camera. It's a very nice effect.
My wife is fascinated by the colors and their transitions :))) Pretty cool.

> BTW on my computer they would play under WINDOWS-ME but not under
> WINDOWS-2000-PROFESSIONAL.

Well they all played perfectly on my PIII 500 with
Win 2k Professional
version 5.0 build 2195, service pack 2 with
Windows media player
version 7.01.00.3055

Well, and now I have another sugestion:
how about an animation of an ENTIRE FOREST of gargantrees hem? :)))
Something like a landscape full of them, from near the camera into the
horizon, all moving at the same time, or like waves???
That would be cool :))))))

This was just an idea. I don't know how hard it would be for you to do that
or how much more processing power and rendering time that would need.

The movs you got are pretty cool :))

Thnx.

Best regards

            JPGargoyle