POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid : Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And finally... elastic cube turns to liquid
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 29 Apr 2002 19:45:24
Message: <3ccddb14$1@news.povray.org>
This is a wonderful animation, but a couple of things strike me right away.
    First, the deformation of the cube is great- it shows that "damage" can be
inflicted in the POV environment, which can be used to create very realistic
animations.  Second, when the cube dissolves into its components, they appear to
be "sticky", as they slow down too quickly on the floor.  It might be far more
impressive if they rolled freely and went along like little marbles.
    The lighting is great, the scene is eye catching, and overall I would give
you a 9 on this.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip