POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment : Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Windows, version 3.5 RC2 expired early, and there is no replacement at the moment
From: TinCanMan
Date: 29 Apr 2002 15:12:01
Message: <3ccd9b01$1@news.povray.org>
> Have you people given any thought to setting the drop-dead date to a few
> days *after* the planned next release date rather than right on the day?
> It'd give you a bigger window to fix last-minute gotchas without 1)
pissing
> off the user base, and 2) getting p.b-t flooded with messages every time a
> beta dies early.

I suppose it should be reiterated that this is beta testing.  Any work done
in 3.5 that does not relate directly to beta testing is done so at the users
own risk.  Even though it is great to use the new program we should not be
treating as the final release until such time that it is. Just because it is
publicly available doesn't change the fact that it is still beta.

-tgq