POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [brazil] Athene WIP : Re: [brazil] Athene WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [brazil] Athene WIP
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 29 Apr 2002 13:37:12
Message: <3ccd84c8@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote :
> Ah - of course, I'd forgotten about the fade power. I'd still be tempted to
> try putting the light around the corner so that only diffuse lighting hits
> the statue... (assuming you haven't already done that).

nope, I've not done that, but you can see in the orig, that
the statue and big parts of the floor are directly illuminated
by the lightsource, because there's one sharp shadow for each
object. I don't believe, that brazil is that good, that it can
produce such sharp shadows with such a rendertime ...