POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Gloop - Another Realflow anim : Re: Gloop - Another Realflow anim Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gloop - Another Realflow anim
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 29 Apr 2002 13:16:53
Message: <3ccd8005@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> You know, when I saw the "original" metal-on-sphere
> animation on the RealFlow website, I thought it looked
> like "newbie-style-yet-advanced-animation".
>
> Yours looks much better than theirs!

Thanks. It's actually using mainly default parameters, as I just wanted
something I could design and render quickly.

> So, just a guess:
> Have you already written a small executable
> which "converts" the particle-data to "POV-Format",
> or still a hand-done-job?

I can't write an executable.. I wouldn't know where to start, but I would
*really* like one. At the moment my tutorial relies on using TextPipePro,
the evaluation version of which is due to expire any day now, and then I'll
be unable to continue (it's expensive!!).

> And, sadly, I'm a Purist-Pover, so I'll probably not
> be able to at least try your stuff (no LightWave or
> such availabe for scenes...)

It doesn't actually require Lightwave... just Lightwave format (or .dxf,
or.obj) meshes.. so any little modeler may suffice.

All the best,

Andy Cocker