POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [brazil] Athene WIP : Re: [brazil] Athene WIP Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [brazil] Athene WIP
From: Tom Melly
Date: 29 Apr 2002 12:16:55
Message: <3ccd71f7$1@news.povray.org>
"Jan Walzer" <jan### [at] lzernet> wrote in message news:3ccd6f4e@news.povray.org...

> "Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote :
> > Where are you placing your light? In the original, it looks as though the
light
> > is aiming at the right back wall, with all the light falling on the left
hand
> > side of the image coming from diffusion. In your version, it looks as though
> > your light is lighting the statue and problematic areas more directly.
>
> Now as I look again on the image, I see, what you probably mean ...
>
> I'm sure, I have the lightsource nearly at the same position as
> in the original image. You can see that, if you compare the direct
> shadows of the corner and of the statue.

It's certainly tricky to work out what they've done with the light. It says
"pointlight", but the shape looks more like a spotlight. Perhaps it's coming
through an apeture.

Nevertheless, I would try and emulate the round shape of the direct light
illumination (as seen on the back wall and the ceiling), and then go from there.