POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wings3D dog final : Re: Wings3D dog final Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings3D dog final
From: Hugo
Date: 29 Apr 2002 09:50:11
Message: <3ccd4f93@news.povray.org>
> I'm not sure that many in the pov community would use these tools. All of
> these things require input which is difficult for some to generate without
> graphical interface.
>
> Subdivision and nurbs utilities have both been coded for Pov-Ray, but I
have
> not yet seen a scene where either of these utilities has been used used.

I guess so. But POV has some strengths that commerical big packages don't
have, and it doesn't look like that will change soon. I think, more people
would discover this and use these possibilities (those who aren't scared off
by scripting) if they could easily get their output from their software into
POV.. For now, only still-models can be exported, but animation is becoming
more important these days..

I don't know how many people use Pov in connection with their still-models,
but it's probably more people than we see in the newsgroups.. It could
become even more, depending on how we shape and advertise the future of POV.

Regards,
Hugo