POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [brazil] Athene WIP : [brazil] Athene WIP Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  [brazil] Athene WIP
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 28 Apr 2002 17:20:26
Message: <3ccc679a@news.povray.org>
Ok ... now, that I got the model, I can try a bit on
the lighting.
I still have the problem, setting upt the lightsource,
to fit the lighting to the original[1], even without
the object. I played with fade-power, fade-distance,
lightness Rad.-settings and what not... I can't get
the near left wall and the floor be as bright as in the
original and still have the dark corner in the upper
background and the "light-blooming" of the floor from the
left. Interestingly, the most similar resulst I got with
fade-power=0.5 -- (Does that make sense, what I'm writing?)
Now, after having a quite satisfying lightsource, I was about
to tweak the radiosity params, but this is even harder...
I have big problems, with the time of 8m6sec to get the
rendered image (even without Focal blur).

But I still believe, this is my fault, and more advanced users
are probably able to do better. What does our lighting-expert[2]
say, what he whould advice ? Of course, I also like input from
others ;)

Jan ...

[1]
http://www.trinisica.com/img/gallery/imageviewer.asp?image=brazil/b02x_athene_01.jpg&w=480&h=601