POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Library (wip) : Re: Library (wip) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 20:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Library (wip)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Apr 2002 05:52:42
Message: <3ccbc669@news.povray.org>
Steven Pigeon wrote:
> Added the poVenus. Still needs work
> on the books... For some reason, can't
> seem to get good colors

  That library scene is getting really nice. I've a similar but smaller
project, but it is stalled right now... Anyhow, I had the same problem with
the colors of randomly textured books, and finally only found a solution:
use random amounts of gray to dirt up the colors. I'm considering also to
make some searchs on the net for images of book spines: I'm not very
comfortable using image_maps, but sometimes they are the right solution.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org