POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Realflow 2 POV-Ray : Re: Realflow 2 POV-Ray Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realflow 2 POV-Ray
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 28 Apr 2002 05:40:20
Message: <3ccbc384@news.povray.org>
>> povray is JUST a render engine, nothing more nothing less. it does
>> not matter what you feed it for the results to be 'POV-Ray at work'.

> He, I knew someone would say that...
>
> I know. But the SDL of POV is capable of
> so much and doesn't even need "outside" tools,
> though the real modelling is kinda difficult,
> you're right on that one.

I would be happy if the SDL was separated from the render engine, taking the
role of a compiler & feeding povray a binary scene file. (and essentially
making itself optional in the process)

> But for animation of particle effect, like this
> magnificient RealFlow animation,I just can't
> find as much respect and admiration for as
> someone who wrote the particle-system himself,
> may it be with POV, or with C++. That's all
> I meant.

but its the end result that counts, not how much you did/didn't struggle
reinventing the wheel. when someone looks at your image in 6 months time are
they likely to notice (or even care) that you did it the hard way?

--
Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key