POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Realflow 2 POV-Ray : Re: Realflow 2 POV-Ray Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realflow 2 POV-Ray
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 27 Apr 2002 15:25:05
Message: <3ccafb11@news.povray.org>
> Though I do think the animation looks awesome, its, like,
> well, not POV-Ray at work. I mean, you probably had an
> incredible amount of work adjusting the output-file for use
> to POV-Ray, and tracing it all in POV-Ray makes it
> show off POVs qualities as well.

Well, it's rendered in POV, so it 'is' POV at work! Is it wrong to use data
from another source, and incorporated it into my scene? I do understand what
you are saying though....

> But its really something external, right?

Yes, it's an amazing program that simulates liquid dynamic stuff far better
than I could ever hope to, as I can't code as well as people like yourself,
who's work I greatly admire.

> I hope you don't take this as a bad comment, its just that
> I like and appreciate hand-done work better than some
> companies Plug-In for some 3D-Modelling Package like
> Cinema4D or Lightwave.

Not at all. Your comments are appreciated. I regarded the project as an
option for others to use an external prog should they wish to do so. BTW,
Realflow is actually a stand-alone program, not a plug-in, though it could
be argued that I used it as a plug-in for POV :-).

Granted, there are POV purists who would regard anything other than pure
hand coding to be heresy, and there are others who make use of all the tools
at their disposal, be they POSER, or MORAY or other peoples particle systems
etc.

> Finally, it does look great...

Thanks :-)

All the best,