POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gerbera - Ninth Composition : Re: Gerbera - Ninth Composition Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gerbera - Ninth Composition
From: Shay
Date: 27 Apr 2002 11:46:06
Message: <3ccac7be$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message

> But I tried with max_trace_level 256, and I still get
> those black edges on the top-inside of the vase. What
> did you exactly do?

I think that some of this is natural behavior. I tried displaying just the
Lathe_Outside object with pigment {rgbt 1} interior {ior 1.56} and nothing
else. I still saw some dark spots. The spots can be minimised by specifying
fade_color at .5.

I thought that the spots might be caused by reversed normals or crossed
triangles, but there is none of that in your mesh except for the bottom/top
intersection which you already took care of.

I do know that the default max_trace_level will give a max reached warning.

I closed the mesh by connectiong all of the meshes and then connecting the
outside pinhole with the inside pinhole. This gave a torus type mesh.

I'm sure you also noticed that the defaut aa settings are not sufficient for
the vase.

 -Shay