POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gerbera - Ninth Composition : Re: Gerbera - Ninth Composition Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gerbera - Ninth Composition
From: Shay
Date: 26 Apr 2002 11:18:18
Message: <3cc96fba@news.povray.org>
You have some cool macros. The black spots are just what was expected, not
enough max_trace_level. Just a torus primitive placed into the scene still
had black dots at max_trace_level 40. I carefully examined a wireframe of
your meshes and found no twisting or overlapping which might cause inverted
normals or other problems.

The mesh did have some odd properties which might cause a some problems. The
inside intersected with the outside and the mesh was not closed. I fit the
inside into the outside and closed the mesh and the pinholes on the bottom
and combined the whole thing into one mesh2 statement. I can post it if you
would like, but I'm not sure if you would notice the difference in your
scene.

 -Shay

Tim Nikias <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message