POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth patch : Re: Smooth patch Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth patch
From: Shay
Date: 23 Apr 2002 15:39:19
Message: <3cc5b867@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> Shay, when you say 'dividing a buckey into "pies"
> one time', do you mean that you start with a
> Buckyball (i.e. a Buckminsterfullerene) ?

Well, I cheated really. I started with an icosahedron and split each
triangle into four. This gives an itentical result with less math.

> Can you please post images that shows the results
> of this test ?

Yes, I will rebuild the test Wednesday night.

> How did the initial grid for the shape to the right
> in your attached image look like (before subdivision) ?
>
> 24 "quads" ?

started with 9 quads and divided a few times with a different abuse of the
equation each time. The shape on the left is the original shape.

 -Shay