POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : vnormalize : Re: vnormalize Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vnormalize
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Apr 2002 13:45:17
Message: <3cc44c2d@news.povray.org>
In article <3C9AC0CD.62B9B9E6@gmx.de> , Tim Nikias <tim### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> I think the problem isn't the value being returned, but the
> internal mess POV-Ray creates to its own internal data.

There is no "internal mess" - POV-Ray works perfectly in this case.

> Thats my experience, calculation works fine, but the
> output image is worthless, because objects get deleted,
> cut in half or appear as ghosts, but never moved around
> to where they shouldn't belong.

That is plain wrong!!!  They simply appear misplaced because they are at
invalid positions.  There is *no* valid output for vnormalize(0) because you
cannot normalize a zero-length vector as it is mathematically impossible!

    Thorsten

PS: Your date is by one month behind the real world :-)

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.