POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : universal filler : Re: universal filler Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: universal filler
From: Shay
Date: 22 Apr 2002 10:53:57
Message: <3cc42405$1@news.povray.org>
Are the tori considered bound by a cylinder, or is it possible that other
object may pass through them. I think that this macro should have switches
to limit the variety of objects and to therefore limit the number of
calculations necessary to test for intersections.

Have you guessed the calculation time for one intersection test? If this
picture parsed for 35 minutes, I can imagine that the parsing time for a
very densely packed object would be really extreme.

I have another idea for a macro which fills a plane with objects. First a
spline would need to be built that covers the entire viewing area. Each
piece would then be placed along the spline and randomly translated by some
amount. The time of each piece would be stored in an array, so that each new
piece need only to be checked against those pieces with similar or
intersecting time values.

 -Shay