POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai (108 KB) : Re: Bonsai (108 KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai (108 KB)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 21 Apr 2002 18:01:47
Message: <3cc336cb@news.povray.org>
Thank you.

Here is the radiosity settings and light I'm using.  Perhaps I shouldn't use
a pure white light but try to emulate
sunlight better.  I agree the lighting is off I'm just not sure what to
alter.

   radiosity{
      pretrace_start 0.08
      pretrace_end   0.02
      count 80
      nearest_count 5
      error_bound 1
      recursion_limit 4
      low_error_factor 0.5
      gray_threshold 0.0
      minimum_reuse 0.015
      brightness 0.75
      adc_bailout 0.01/2
      save_file "BonsaiScene5.rdf"
      load_file "BonsaiScene5.rdf"
   }

light_source {<200, 200, -200> color White * 1.5}

I thought the bamboo was okay but it might go back to the lighting issue.

"Moss" is what I was trying for on the soil.  I used a HF to actually give
the moss some real depth. I might have to cheat and use a real picture of
some moss on the HF.