POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai (108 KB) : Bonsai (108 KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Bonsai (108 KB)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 20 Apr 2002 23:30:20
Message: <3cc2324c@news.povray.org>
I know its been done before (probably many times) but after playing with
Gilles Tran's tree macro I had to make one.
This is my attempt at a bonsai.  I was also inspired by actually getting two
real bonsai, so that helped push me in this direction.  I tried photons but
Povray ran out of memory trying to render with them.  I'm not sure that
photons would really help this scene much anyway.  The "table/deck the tree
is sitting on is supposed to be redwood stained pine.  The bamboo in the
back was made using SOR objects.

Any comments or suggestions? (I know the tree doesn't look like any real
tree in existence, but other than that...)

Patrick Dugan

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Bonsai.jpg' (109 KB)