POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My little Spheres ... : Re: My little Spheres ... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My little Spheres ...
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 20 Apr 2002 13:40:14
Message: <3cc1a7fe@news.povray.org>
"Sam Van Oort" <sam### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Piece of cake...  6 mins is pretty slow.  Are you using an array? That slows
> things down a LOT.   Nice img though.
Thx...
> I can send you code for a MUCH faster looped object (NOT JUST SPHERE)
> placement include file, If you're interested.  It too doesn't do collision
> chk, but is lightning fast.

That doesn't make sense here, as the collision chk was my priority ...
So I don't need your code, as without these collisionchecks I could
place them much faster, too.
BTW: I can also adapt this to evry obj. you like, but the bounding object
for collisions will still be a sphere ...

> What speed computer are you using?
I'm using an AThlon1.3 with 786MB SDR, but the file lies on a Network-server,
so probably this could be the bottleneck here ...

Now, thinking about it, my Macro (if it ever reaches the relase-state) is
able to do no-collision as well as 100% collision chk, as well as to
check with a special probability ...

the more you want to be sure, that objs don't touch, the slower it
will be ...