POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth patch : Re: Smooth patch Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth patch
From: Shay
Date: 19 Apr 2002 17:40:51
Message: <3cc08ee3$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message

> Sort of ... boundaries acting like a skeleton, that gives away the basic
> shape, and those control points that are within the boundary are then
> connected...?  Or, I'm not sure I understood what you meant.. But this was
> another idea.  ;o)  I don't know if it would work.

That is exactly what I meant. In fact, the averaging could easily be used to
create a NxN mesh which could then be subdivided with the macro I have
already written. This would be like cheating. The user would only need to
put in a boundary and then some group of points. No edge or triangle
information would be required.

 -Shay