POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth patch : Re: Smooth patch Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth patch
From: Shay
Date: 19 Apr 2002 16:41:40
Message: <3cc08104@news.povray.org>
Hugo <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message news:3cc07978@news.povray.org...

> I think this is cool! Very cool.

Thanks.

> Does your macro need the control points to
> be in a grid?  For example 3*4 meaning 4 rows with 3 columns each.. That's
> typical for macros, but often annoying for me to model in this way.

It does at the moment, but that can be easily changed. The problem with
making a macro which works on a group of points rather than a grid is that
more is required from the user. The macro in it's current state requires
only an array of points. The use of points not layed out in a pre defined
order requires that the user also input the edges, triangles, or some other
kind of direction specifying the order in which the points are to be used.

With subdivision like this, that need isn't much of an obstacle because so
few control points are used. I may try this over the weekend.

 -Shay