POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My little Spheres ... : Re: My little Spheres ... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:30:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My little Spheres ...
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 19 Apr 2002 13:51:13
Message: <3cc05911@news.povray.org>
"Bonsai" <bon### [at] b0n541net> asked:
> What's the idea behind the new algorithm?

If it were done on a recent gfx-card, it would be called
tile-based-rendering ...

I simply subdive the area, I want to fill in smaller
ones, and only do inside these ones the collisiontest.
But that means, there "can" be collisions when two sub-areas
collide, especially when I specify a high density.

But I can't simply make the subareas smaller, and leave
a border around, because this would also make the tiles
visible...

I need to do some more experiments with that ...

BTW: here are 408000 spheres, distributed over 20x51
     patches with 400 spheres in each patch.
     1:48:22 Parse, 0:02:39 Trace (2560x1024,AA0.2)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'simpleBackground2.jpg' (97 KB)

Preview of image 'simpleBackground2.jpg'
simpleBackground2.jpg