POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smooth patch : Re: Smooth patch Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth patch
From: Shay
Date: 19 Apr 2002 12:16:49
Message: <3cc042f1$1@news.povray.org>
Jide <jid### [at] kotisoonfi> wrote in message

> On a sidenote: After 3.5 is finalized I'm gonna start bugging people about
> programming subdivision surfaces for POV (You are now on that list of
people
> ;)
>  ). I've already approached J. Vansickle about this matter.

Someone has already done this. I can't remember who or where, however. The
file was called "Surface Subdivision Suite" and is probably still around. My
macro isn't true mesh subdivision, just surface subdivision. It could easily
be adapted to subdivide entire meshes, but I think most modelers work with
triangles and not quads. I am considering learning a computer language and
writing my own modeler which works mainly with scripting, but also supports
mouse point selection, dragging, etc.

 -Shay