POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another RaytracingDesktop : Re: another RaytracingDesktop Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another RaytracingDesktop
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 19 Apr 2002 04:43:37
Message: <3cbfd8b9@news.povray.org>
"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:
> Have you (will you?) posted the code for this? I'd love to see how you
> distributed the spheres.
> thanks,

No need to post this, I think ..

it's the most primitive(and slow) way of placing
spheres, I think. I first calculated the size of
the sphere, then its place. Then I simply tested
if there's already a sphere there that is in the
way (vlength(m2-m1)<r1+r2). If not, than I place
this new sphere and save the size and it's place
in an array and move on to the next sphere. Else
I try to find a new position/size...

I think, you can come up with such a macro quite
fast yourself, and besides this, my code is ugly
to read, because there are also many inefficient
parts in it... For publishing it would be better
to rewrite the whole thing...

Currently I have a better idea, to do this and I
will probably realease this code, if it works as
expected, but it can take a while....