POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More ripples (408kbu) : Re: More ripples (408kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More ripples (408kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 18 Apr 2002 18:22:14
Message: <3cbf4716$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" wrote:
> Good!  Well, his code is beyond me and I would
> understand if it's hard to mix with yours.

We'll see...

> He coded his algoritm based on a more complete
> article on the net that actually *did* feature
> code to interact with objects (as far as I
> remember).. And indeed it would make the algoritm
> complete, if you could merge your part.. Maybe
> Christoph could explain some things if you need..?

Chances are unfortunately that the two techniques used for wall interaction
are completely different... Also, I generally don't understand articles
about computer algorithms unless they have explicitly been written to be
easy to understand for anyone (like Hugo Elias' articles).

> ;o)  Okay, enough talk, I'm out.  But great work,
> it's a praise to the Pov universe!

Thanks, but let's wait and see how well it works in the end, shall we? ;)

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Mar 19)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk