POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More ripples (408kbu) : Re: More ripples (408kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More ripples (408kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 18 Apr 2002 18:22:13
Message: <3cbf4715$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> How did you solve the problems with the iterations?
> I mean, you can easily calculate one iteration of the
> field per frame, and doing faster movement of the
> waves is no problem, just do more iterations per frame.
> But how do you do less? Have you looked into it at all?

I haven't started coding it yet, but I plan to do linear interpolation.
That's what I do in my particle system, and it works well IMO.

With linear interpolation I can make the frame rate and the iteration rate
completely independent from each other, so one doesn't have to be a multiple
of the other. For example the frame rate can be 25 frames per clock unit and
the iteration rate can be 40 iterations per clock unit, which would make for
an average number of 1.6 iterations pr. frame.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Mar 19)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk