POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More ripples (408kbu) : Re: More ripples (408kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More ripples (408kbu)
From: Hugo
Date: 18 Apr 2002 17:08:43
Message: <3cbf35db$1@news.povray.org>
> > I'm not sure what sinus water by
> > Christoph Hormann you're referring to.
>
> Sorry, I just saw it now.
> I'll have a closer look.

Good!  Well, his code is beyond me and I would understand if it's hard to
mix with yours. But I recall he demonstrated a very realistic flow of water
due to *wind* but it failed to interact with objects in the water. He placed
a cylinder in the middle to embrace this effect (or lack of) and also the
walls of a pool didn't interact.. He coded his algoritm based on a more
complete article on the net that actually *did* feature code to interact
with objects (as far as I remember).. And indeed it would make the algoritm
complete, if you could merge your part.. Maybe Christoph could explain some
things if you need..?  ;o)  Okay, enough talk, I'm out.  But great work,
it's a praise to the Pov universe!

Regards,
Hugo