POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another RaytracingDesktop : Re: another RaytracingDesktop Server Time
15 Aug 2024 22:29:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another RaytracingDesktop
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 18 Apr 2002 15:26:01
Message: <3cbf1dc9@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" <pro### [at] luxlabcom> wrote:
> > a feeling, that the focal blurring doesn't
> > really work as it should.
> >
> > Any idea anyone ?
>
> I have one. variance 0

Isn't 1/10240 low enough ? (ok, probably not)

But I can't say, that I understand, why the
variance should be the limit here, as in my
understanding this would also lead to "ban-
ding" on other places, too.

What I mean, does only appear when there is
a blurring into a pure white or pure black
color. (probably fully saturated colors are
 also involved but I didn't test this)