POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soccer! : Re: Soccer! Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soccer!
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 17 Apr 2002 14:51:17
Message: <3cbdc425$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> > Cool. Have you had a chance to play around with Wings3D yet?
>
> Yes, after you told me about it. It's a nice program at first glance and I
> could immediately get some results. The interface is clean. I was actually
> missing a good polygon modeller, and this one works. That said, the
program
> is still in a child state. Documentation is poor and scattered, facts
change
> rapidly. Either I'm very clumsy or some things are still incredibly slow

> carry on with it because it's not written in C but some strange (unknown
> me) language.
>
> It's a handy tool to have aside POV, obviously not a replacement because
of
> countless things, but probably going to play it professional. Btw, the Pov
> plugin will soon be working.
>
> And what do you think about the program?

I like it. I think its the interface that makes it so cool. Its easy to jump
in and start messing around (Unlike Blender for ex.) I can see myself making
so cool objects for POV scenes since it really is only a single object
modeller. I havn't made anything useful yet though, I'm still getting the
hang of modelling at all!

Corey