POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : bounced light : Re: bounced light Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bounced light
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 16 Apr 2002 20:25:19
Message: <3cbcc0ef$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, in the cavity-type scenes I've rendered (such as a room with a single
window admitting light, or a cave), you really need to set recursion_limit
above 2. I typically use a recursion_limit of 7 in such scenes. I also have
gone up to 12 and seen quite a visible difference, but around 5-9 usually
works well.

George Pantazopoulos