POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : More ripples (408kbu) : Re: More ripples (408kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:29:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More ripples (408kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 15 Apr 2002 14:42:04
Message: <3cbb1efc@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" wrote:
> That's fantastic.. To see how someone beautifully
> controls math, and in our favourite raytracer..

Actually I have no idea how this stuff works. It just does. I might have a
slight clue about the basic algorithm as it is explained on Hugo Elias'
page, but why it forms nearly circular ripples, why it reflects so nicely
off the walls and all that I don't know. Seems like magic to me... ;)

> Now, combine the ripples with the sinus water from
> Christoph Hormann, and Zeger, whatever he did..

I'm not sure what sinus water by Christoph Hormann you're referring to.
Maybe you mean the sinus waves by Chris Howie? Anyway, mixing several
completely different techniques together is not as easy as it might sound.

> :o)  You're probably trying this already.

:(

> I suppose your code won't have difficulties with multiple
> objects in the water, but other shapes might not work?

Who knows? Any test animations you'd like to see?

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Mar 19)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk