POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : BVH motion capture files : Re: BVH motion capture files Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BVH motion capture files
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 13 Apr 2002 18:45:52
Message: <3cb8b520@news.povray.org>
Mike,

I tried rendering this anim, and in my opinion, I think something is amiss.
Either the .bvh file had strange motion and your translation of it is fine,
or the .bvh file was fine, and something has gone wrong with your
translation (does that make sense?).
There seems to be a lot of strange rotations and movements going on there.
I'll try and suss it out later when I have more time, but for the moment I
think I will just create my motion using a IK skeleton in the Lightwave
demo, and by placing a null at each joint, for each frame place the vectors
in an array and animate that.

Dunno if that makes sense.. it's late and I need Z's.

All the best,

Andy Cocker