POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Standard Raytracing Desktop ? : Re: Standard Raytracing Desktop ? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Standard Raytracing Desktop ?
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 13 Apr 2002 07:19:49
Message: <3cb81455$1@news.povray.org>
"Dave Brickell" wrote:
> Wow, 3 Weeks!!!
yea ... only 120lines left now ...
Problem is, this is only a "test" *fg*

> The longest I have waited for a render is 36 hours.
eehh ... peanuts ... *g*

> I do not fully understand the settings you want me to render under. But if
> you explain I will render for you and send you the results. Just let me know
> how you want it (.bmp or .jpg and what compression)
I have multimonitor setup ...
using 1280x1024 on each one ... so the resolution of my desktop is 2560x1024
but as the screens have a ratio of 4:3 this would result in a ration of 8:3
for both monitors ... So if you have in your camera-statement something like
camera {
    up y
    right x*4/3
    }

if would be necessary, to change the right to x*8/3
if you have none of these entries, they are both standard (IIRC) so
you only would need to add the right-vector ...

As Image-format I'd prefer a PNG-image, as this is lossless-compression ...
I don't like JPG for Final-images ...

> That way at least you can keep your valuable cpu time for what you are doing
hehe ... yes ... as I said, only a test ...

... but it least, it keeps my CPU warm and I can spare the heating in
my room *g