POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing realism again : Re: Testing realism again Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing realism again
From: Hugo
Date: 12 Apr 2002 11:44:48
Message: <3cb700f0$1@news.povray.org>
> Do the out of frame scene geometry and colors match the
> real scene?

Yes, the most important parts does. It misses a brighter left side (outside
camera view) however.

> POV-Ray output is gamma corrected linear.
> I bet the camera output is something different.

Yes I thought about this too. My cameras response to light may not be
linear, and this might cause the reflection on the photo to be dimmer.. But,
on the other hand it looks too strong on my render.

:o)

Regards,
Hugo