POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Man with No Name... : The Man with No Name... Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  The Man with No Name...
From: 25ct
Date: 12 Apr 2002 11:34:46
Message: <3cb6fe96@news.povray.org>
Well, not the 'Man' himself, but maybe his bullets?  ;)

   Ok, I've tried to reproduce a lead and brass effect here using
Silver_3B, (using  finish {conserve_energy diffuse 0.3 ambient 0.11) and
Gold_3B as it is, but I'm not too sure about the lead or the brass
effect for that matter. I tried an image map of what I thought would be
good texture for lead, and it was, but it was too matt and dull.

     I've also added a pinch of focal blur for good measure.

   What do you think? Comments most welcome, and *brilliant* lead code
much appreciated if anyone knows it, (I want to have a go at a fishing
weight next...   :)

 Produced using 3.5 b16 on a 600Mhz, w'98 machine, (my baby ;)

   ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bullets.jpg' (107 KB)