POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing realism again : Re: Testing realism again Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing realism again
From: Hugo
Date: 11 Apr 2002 05:15:58
Message: <3cb5544e$1@news.povray.org>
>   He he... :) This is one of my many bookmarks about color and light. I
> have read a lot of stuff like this when creating my light macro. Not
> that I understood much of it

Me neither, not even the benefit of understanding this. It seems to me just
like another way to think about surface colors, but an input for POV-Ray
will still have to be RGB, so what I did here, was to guess the color based
on the photo, so would there be any difference?

> it is surprisingly realistic in my own tests against
> real photos

Yesterday evening I tried my setup on a more complex object (my computer
keyboard that I made earlier) but the result was disappointing.. I don't
understand why it didn't look realistic and render time was WAY too high!!
I broke it after 4 hours.

Regards,
Hugo