POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why do ISO surfaces slow down radiosity so much? - 1 attachment : Re: Why do ISO surfaces slow down radiosity so much? - 1 attachment Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why do ISO surfaces slow down radiosity so much? - 1 attachment
From: Hugo
Date: 11 Apr 2002 05:06:06
Message: <3cb551fe$1@news.povray.org>
I don't know, but I imagine that each call to the isosurface during
calculation of reflection, refraction, finish, radiosity, lightsources - all
causes the isosurface to be evaluated again and again.. Similar with
primitives, but even the fastest isosurface is much slower than a primitive,
hence the big slowdown.. This is my theory - not necessarily the fact.. IF
it works like that, then I have to say, a much better idea would be to
calculate the surface *first* once and for all, and *then* do all the rest
of calculations.

Regards,
Hugo