POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Salt Shaker : Re: Salt Shaker Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Salt Shaker
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 10 Apr 2002 20:25:09
Message: <3cb4d7e5$1@news.povray.org>
"Lieut_Data" <lIe### [at] yahOOcom> wrote in message
> This image is for a website Im designing, about Salt (well, kind of :-)
>
> Overall, Im pleased with the results of this test render, however Im not
> satisfied with the salt quite yet, and well, if a salt shaker is turned
> upside down, salt should come out, but hey :-)
>
> Any criticism? Comments?
>
> This scene is my first using radiosity (default settings)

I don't know if the inside of the glass looks wierd because of low rad
settings, low photon settings, but it needs a lil work. Also, I don't see
ANY salt but that could be because of the glass artifacts. I'd make the cap
more reflective and give it something to reflect. Perhaps image map a
screenshot of the website onto a plane and let it reflect that? That could
yield some interesting results.

Corey