POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Objects-Vanish with Focal-Blur: Problem line found! : Re: Objects-Vanish with Focal-Blur: Problem line found! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects-Vanish with Focal-Blur: Problem line found!
Date: 9 Apr 2002 13:35:21
Message: <3cb32659@news.povray.org>
Hoi!

> I tested your suggestion, and yes, it does
> work. But comparing 240MB Peak memory
> to 1.6MB is something to think about, right?

Of course. It wasn't meant to be a final solution or work-around. Just to
see what's going on with the triangles/normals.

> floating around), its that whole instances (object{}-placed)
> of the mesh disappear, and some other are just cut off
> above a certain line/height (I haven't found yet if

I see. Right, this is a different kind of problem. I didn't know that even
single triangles are 'cut' somewhere.

> any related bug yet. Also, I am really sad to find
> that only one single person tried to confirm the
> media-bug. I thought beta-testing was sort of a
> group-effort, but I'm standing pretty much alone,
> or at least I have that feeling.

Uhm, I can't really tell since I peek to the newsgroup about once a week or
so. Speaking for myself: I simply don't have the time. Neither to use 3.1g,
nor to test the beta's, nor to download new betas through a 32kB dial-in
line (even the 1MB whatever-compilation is painful for loading)....
But I agree with you in thinking that beta testing should be a "group-job".
At least to spread the test cases and multiply the "way of usage".

BTW: what is the special thing which prevents you to use 3.1g?

> Well, except for your answer and the Confirmant,
> Peter Popov.

I'm sorry that it didn't really help, but it's interesting that it did
return some further result.
regards
SY