POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : starfish WIP (68k) : Re: starfish WIP (68k) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: starfish WIP (68k)
From: jimbobjim
Date: 9 Apr 2002 12:08:23
Message: <3cb311f7@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <shi### [at] houstonrrcom> wrote in message
> Very,very nice picture.

Thanks Shay

>I think any additions to the scene should be in the
> water, but not on the rock. Fish are a possibility. Another would be a
rusty
> structure which has fallen into the water or is supporting something above
> it.

maybe a rusty tin can?

I thought about it today and wondered whether some floaty bits of stuff in
the sea would help - I've never really used (scattering) media, so would
this be a good way to produce the effect or would actual objects be better
to achieve this?

"Sir Charles W. Shults III" <aic### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
>     I don't know- I have seen a lot of marine creatures, and maybe just a
tweak
> of the surface characteristics would do it.  It looks like a great
surface-
> bumpy and irregular enough; the size and scale both look good.  I am not
sure
> what I would change to make it better.  Maybe a slightly more "granular"
look?
> But not much.

the texture is a bit shameful really:
texture {
    pigment {Tan}
    normal {crackle 2 turbulence 0.1 ramp_wave}
    scale 0.01
}

and at this stage is only intended as a building block to achieve erm...
'greater things'

thanks
jim