POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Objects-Vanish with Focal-Blur: Problem line found! : Re: Objects-Vanish with Focal-Blur: Problem line found! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objects-Vanish with Focal-Blur: Problem line found!
Date: 9 Apr 2002 08:58:29
Message: <3cb2e575@news.povray.org>
Hi Tim,

since I don't have much time left within a week, I couldn't really follow
the whole thread about your problems. But reading your lates posting just
brought up one idea:

I know that your'e working with meshes with smoothed triangles (as I did
with the fern). Have you ever tried to create the triangles as stand-alone
objects and not as part of a mesh? If there are problems with the triangles
(e.g. normals) you'll see a message. When using a mesh the triangles are
dropped silently.
It is a simple test with low effort (simply remove the mesh {} keyword) so I
thought you may to try it.
If you already verified that and it gave no further result, please excuse
me. As I mentioned, I didn't follow up the full thread.

regards
SY