POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just simple scenes for testing realism : Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Apr 2002 16:26:55
Message: <3cb1fd0f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Shay, thanks!

> I think that 1 could surpass it with a slight focal blur to
> hide the regularity of the patterns.

Huh, hmm.. Well all these renders actually have very similar focal blur, and
I don't see a regularity in the pattern of picture 1 ?

But it's interesting to note the big difference in render time for these
pictures.. The real beast was number 1 because of the blurred reflection
(ping pong between the spheres).. The rest renders very quickly, except
number 4 with subsurface scattering.. But this tells me I should probably
leave some things to the future, with faster computers, and concentrate on
radiosity now, since that gives great images, well unless you need
transparant or blurred materials up front.

Regards,
Hugo