POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just simple scenes for testing realism : Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism
From: Shay
Date: 8 Apr 2002 12:03:59
Message: <3cb1bf6f@news.povray.org>
I could write everything I know about lighting and texture on a match book
cover, but to my untrained eye, they all look pretty convincing except for
3. I think that the banding on the shadows in pic 4 gives away more than
does the material. 2 is the most realistic of the renders, but I think that
1 could surpass it with a slight focal blur to hide the regularity of the
patterns.

 -Shay