POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function image type mirrored vertically : Re: Function image type mirrored vertically Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function image type mirrored vertically
From: Rune
Date: 8 Apr 2002 10:52:54
Message: <3cb1aec6@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> W"odzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:
> > and rest about mapping rules is right in my post ?
>
> Yes.

The problem is that POV-Ray assumes the pattern function to have the origin
in the upper left corner like all the other image types, when in fact
patterns have the origin in the lower left corner *unlike* all the other
image types. So just because all the other image types are reversed, it
doesn't mean that the function image type should be too. Thorsten, I haven't
yet heard your argument against this.

In POV-Ray x is defined as right and y is defined as up. Thus, when
considering the square from <0,0,0> to <1,1,0>, which is the square POV-Ray
use for the pattern image type, the origin is in the lower left corner, not
the upper left corner. If you refuse to change the feature, could you please
explain why?

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Mar 19)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/