POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ok here is some of the stuff done in a lathe editor : Re: Ok here is some of the stuff done in a lathe editor Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok here is some of the stuff done in a lathe editor
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Apr 2002 04:45:06
Message: <3cb15892$1@news.povray.org>
I agree it has a plastic look, more than glassy. But plastic looks good! It
might be improved however to look "really" plastic or "really" glassy..
Though it might not be so simple to do.

It's the first time I see a raytraced *melted* candle and that's really
nice.. To make a flame is not easy, but maybe you should learn from those on
the net.. Because, there are already good code for flames, flowing around.

For a better camera perspective I suggest you use "angle 48" in your camera
statement (my preferred angle) because it distorts the scene less, and makes
it look more "real" IMO.

Regards,
Hugo