POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just simple scenes for testing realism : Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:11:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just simple scenes for testing realism
From: Hugo
Date: 7 Apr 2002 10:49:44
Message: <3cb05c88@news.povray.org>
Hi Tek, thanks for your comments! No, they are not all renders. There is one
photo.  :o)  I'll reviel which one a bit later.

> 3. The ball looks like it's been composited onto
> the backdrop. I think maybe the shadow needs
> to be darker.

You're right. I clearly see what's wrong now. Well, it's my first experiment
with 17 randomly placed area_lights (nearly random) with random colors.
Another strong area_light gives the most visible shadow. No radiosity. I was
inspired by John Bradshaw's post, and I think the method can be improved.

John's post:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/22572/

> 6. There's radiosity artefacts at the base of the shiny
> thing. Also it has a bit of that disconnected feel
> that was in 3.

It's good you mention this. I wasn't aware of it.

Regards,
Hugo